This is so yummy!!! I highly recommend saving the left over Cinnamon Whipped Cream for French Toast!
These were a huge hit over New Year’s and very easy to make. I used the leftover Fig and Port “jelly” as a spread on toast.
Fig and Port Tartlets
- 1 (12-ounce) jars royal fig preserves
- 1/4 cup port (buy cheap)
- 1 package pre-made mini phyllo tart shells (recommended: Athens)
- 2 cup whipping cream (I cheated with Cool Whip)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon extract
- Ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Combine preserves and port in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Fill each tart shell with 1 tablespoon fig/port mixture.
Whip cream in a large ice cold bowl, using an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar and cinnamon extract and whip until stiff peaks. Place the whipped cream in a resealable plastic bag and cut 1/2 inch off the corner of the bag.
Top each tartlet with a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with a dusting of cinnamon and powdered sugar.