The wife will….COOK! I like to try new recipes when Joc is traveling. I will always eat what I make, and it’s a good taste test before Picky Pants attempts to branch out. So for tonight, I’m thinking something Mediterranean. I’m turning a salad into a meal (and I promise it’s not potato salad, which I’ve always hated but now love, but only vinegar based potato salad) and I intend to gobble it all up!
Chickpea Salad with Feta and Herbs
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, sliced cherry tomatoes, mint and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and red wine vinegar until combined. Pour over chickpeas and toss together. Add feta cheese and toss gently. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.