What’s more fall than pumpkin?? I love this time of year and putting pumpkin in everything. I mean with all of the vitamin A packing power of pumpkin I think it’s only right to give your eyes some loving at the same time as your tummy! Pump on, little pumpkins!
Pumpkin BlondiesAdapted from: http://annies-eats.com/2009/09/08/pumpkin-blondies/
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Demerara sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pie spice, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth; beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in pumpkin puree (mixture may appear curdled). Reduce speed to low, and mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in all chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- Lift cake from pan (using foil as an aid). Peel off foil, and use a serrated knife to cut into 24 squares.