Another great weekend at the lake! The T and K family joined us for a fun filled weekend. Since it hovered around 108 degrees, this was what occurred all weekend…floating and frozen cocktails.
Even Hunter joined in on the fun.
Normally boat rides cool you off but that even felt like you were sitting in front of a hairdryer.
Everyone made such yummy things…for dinner I made Coq au Vin, Roasted Three Color Potatoes and an Asparagus, Corn and Mozzarella Salad that’s served chilled. This time I did use pearl onions in my coq au vin.
My roasted potatoes couldn’t be easier. Simply quarter red or three color potatoes, boiled in salted water until tender. Drain and place on greased cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt, coarse ground pepper and parmesan cheese. Bake in oven at 375F for 30 minutes, turning once.
Asparagus, Basil and Corn Salad (my adaptations in italics)
- 4 ears corn, husks removed
- 2 tbsp butter (cooking spray)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 cup mozzarella balls, cut in half (torn fresh sliced mozzarella)
- 10 basil leaves, cut into a chiffonade
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare your grill.
- Rub the ears of corn with
butter(cooking spray) and place over the flame, rotating every few minutes until the corn is lightly charred. Remove from the grill and let cool. Once cooled, cut off the kernels and place into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Trim the asparagus and then cut it into 1 inch pieces. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and blanch the asparagus for about 3-4 minutes. Remove the asparagus and douse with cold water to stop the cooking. Add the asparagus to the bowl of corn.
- To the bowl of corn and asparagus, add the mozzarella, basil, salt, pepper, balsamic and olive oil. Gently combine with a fork and serve. Can be served at room temperature or chilled.