Last night I made one of my good ol’ standbys for dinner. Stuffed mushrooms are a quick and easy meal, and even better…everyone can make their own!
Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps (cleaned and de-gilled)
- 6 Tbsp hummus (I used Publix brand jalapeno and cilantro), divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 C loose leaf spinach, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 C shredded cheese (I like mozz, hubs likes pepper jack), divided
- Pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar
- Spray foil covered cookie sheet. Heat oven on bake to 375.
- Spoon and spread 3 Tbsp of hummus onto each mushroom.
- Top with spinach, then cheese. Drizzle balsamic, then add pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 based on how you like your cheese. I prefer mine brown and bubbly so I go for the full 30 minutes.
Enjoy with a nice side salad or some quinoa!
As an update on our home…we’re breaking ground Tuesday. Staking the property Monday. Today we picked out base boards, casing, chair rails, crown molding, hardwoods, interior doors and front entry doors. We are making the trip to pick out appliances tomorrow! Any suggestions out there in the blogosphere?
All interior doors: