Not a lot of progress over the weekend on the house, but I did spend the holiday weekend with some great friends. We played a lot of board games, watched a lot of movies, and did minimal sun soaking thanks to the hurricane.
We capped off the weekend with Mexican and ice cream…yum!
Our windows and doors arrived for our home!!! Bricks are arriving Wednesday!!! As soon as we make some interior progress, I’m going to do an internal video tour that I think will be super neat for those folks at home.
Recipes from this past weekend:
Chickpea and Feta Salad
I know that I’ve made this before, but every time I make it I adapt it in some way. Original link. This time, below.
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3-5 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 container reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, sliced cherry tomatoes, and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar until combined. Pour over chickpeas and toss together. Add feta cheese and toss gently. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Recipe adapted from skinnytaste.com
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker quick oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened almond coconut milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Soak oats in milk for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, honey, apple sauce, vanilla, egg whites, oil and mix well.
- In a third bowl combine whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and whisk to combine.
- Combine oats and milk with sugar, applesauce mixture and mix well. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 22-24 minutes.