Yesterday I went home during lunch to start up the crock pot. While I am not a meat eater, the rest of the household REALLY is! I made some mexican style shredded chicken and hubs, MIL and FIL gobbled it down. They each did their own thing…hubs made tacos with black beans and cheese, MIL ate it by itself and FIL added some cheese on top! I doubled the recipe and am sure glad I did. Now hubs has some leftovers for lunch!
I served it with steamed broccoli and boiled sweet potatoes topped with Lawry’s seasoned salt…my fav!
Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
Serves 4. Hands on time: 10 mins | Cook time: 6 hours
- 4 chicken breasts trimmed of fat
- 1 pkg low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (8 oz) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1/2 C picante sauce (hot)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Lay chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot
- Pour remaining ingredients on top…no need to mix or stir
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Use two forks to shred the heck out of it…stirring while shredding
Serve however you’d like…tacos, salad, sandwiches, main dish…really anything!