Two recipes in one week kiddos!
Since the first sign of the signature halloween candy in stores, hubs has been asking for another batch. I made them every weekend last year, knowing that as soon as the candy was out of stores, they wouldn’t be making another appearance until this year!
So last night I made the first batch of the season, and by this morning there’s only a quarter of the pan left. It will probably be gone by the time I get home!
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
Serves: 20 or 1 😉 | Time: 10 mins plus cooling time
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 10oz bag of mini marshmellows
- 1 cup original candy corn (or indian corn or caramel corn…whatever variety you like)
- 6 cups krispie rice cereal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Grease a 9×13 pan. Melt butter, vanilla and salt in a medium sized saucepan.
- Mix in all marshmellows until thoroughly melted. Remove from heat.
- Work quickly to add in cereal and candy corn. Pour into greased pan.
- Rinse spatula with warm water before spreading. It will keep it from sticking, and let you really push down into pan.
- Cool (or not) and eat!!!