Gotta love a crock pot this time of year! Special thanks to the MIL for a new one for Christmas…one that does anywhere from 4-10 hours!
Tried out a new recipe, except I only had half of the ingredients in my half done pantry! So, swap this…add that, here it goes…it was a hit!
Balsamic Roast Beef
Adapted from Robyn @ addapinch. Thanks!
- 1 3-4 pound boneless chuck roast beef
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Place roast beef into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef and cook on lowest setting for 10 hours (if that’s an option).
- Once roast beef has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ – ½ cup of juice over roast beef.
- You can also slice and pour broth over slices and use for sandwiches.