Yummy yummy yummy…while looking for a new chili recipe due to the ridiculous weather around here, I stumbled upon and made some changes to a yummy recipe. I like the sweet & spicy combo! Enjoy! This makes 4 bowls totaling in at 260 cals, 3g fat, 12g protein per bowl!
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- Heat dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and onion powder and cook, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the sweet potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes and lime juice; increase heat to high and return to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and CHOW DOWN.