This was a huge hit over the weekend, and I decided it would be good to post! Below are the original instructions. I made the pita pieces, salad dressing (in a mason jar) and shrimp ahead of time before packing for the lake. Items traveled nicely for quick assembly at lunch. Enjoy!
Spinach, Feta & Pea Salad
- 1 C thawed green peas
- 1 (6-inch) whole-wheat pita, grilled and broken into tiny pieces
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 (6-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon rind, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- Thread the shrimp onto 4 (12-inch) skewers. Arrange skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, juice, and garlic in a large bowl. Add shrimp, cheese, peas, onion, mint, and spinach; toss to coat. Top with pita and serve.