With a beach trip
quickly slowly approaching, I’ve got serious vacay brain. All I can think about is sundresses, wedges, beach hair, neon nails, sleep and fabulous food.
Is there anything more beach-like than ceviche?
Recipe via foodnetwork
- 1 lb halibut fillets (or use a mixture of fish and shrimp) OR 1 lb sea bass fillets (or use a mixture of fish and shrimp) OR 1 lb red snapper fillet (or use a mixture of fish and shrimp)
- 5 -6 limes (Enough Juice to cover fish)
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 green pepper, sweet, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley or 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (or more to suit your taste)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- lettuce leaf (to line serving bowls)
- avocado (optional)
- black olives, sliced (for garnish) (optional)
- Dice the fish (approximately 1/2-inch dice if using shrimp use cleaned shrimp).
- Marinate fish in the lime juice in the fridge overnight (this step cooks the fish).
- Stir often.
- Pour off most of the lime juice (just leave it moist).
- Add remaining ingredients except lettuce, avocado and olive. Do this preferably a few hours before serving & refrigerate.
- Toss well and arrange in individual serving bowls that are lined with the lettuce leaves.
- If you wish garnish with sliced avocado and sliced black olives.
I seriously cannot wait to build a sandcastle at the beach. True story. Kid at heart…