As promised…I always like to give a food review of the places I’ve been. I can only give you my opinion on what I ate, nothing more, nothing less.
This is a great little spot with fantastic views! I love that no matter your seat in the house you can see the water. Wine pours were heavy and the service was excellent! Our server was a pastry chef and when we passed the dessert counter on our way out (after we said no to dessert) we all regretted that decision.
- Firecracker Shrimp: Lightly dusted bay shrimp, fried & tossed in our spicy remoulade sauce.
- Blackened Tuna: Served over our house salad blend, lightly tossed in a Champagne citrus vinaigrette with candied Baldwin County pecans, crumbled goat cheese, orange segments & house pickled vegetables.
Hands down, best view & atmosphere. Super family friendly, all outdoor seating, fantastic food. Faux antlers made from bike seats and handlebars, reclaimed wood for bench and chairs, dolphin sightings, hand cut (aka boardwalk) fries, malt vinegar for my fries, daily changing menu, ALL WINS! Be sure to order the fries!!!
- Perdido Mojito: Made with local Calamondins
- Fried Grouper Sandwich: Lemon dill sauce, lettuce & tomato on toasted brioche
- Fresh Cut Fries
Cosmos is named after their mascot dog, Cosmo, an adorable black lab that is featured all over the restaurant. You won’t have a view, but good food is in store. Outdoor seating options, which I’m always a fan of! There always seems to be a silly long wait here since they don’t take reservations or call ahead. We waited two hours, but could order apps and drinks at the bar which made the time pass quickly.
- Firecracker Shrimp: Lightly dusted bay shrimp fried & tossed in a spicy remoulade sauce.
- Calamari: Lightly dusted, flash fried & served with marinara
- Sesame Seared Tuna: A 6 oz. filet of tuna coated with sesame seeds and seared. Served over a bed of our house greens tossed with sun-dried cranberries, toasted sunflower seeds & crispy noodles in a gingered soy vinaigrette
- Cosmo’s Banana Fritters: Fresh, ripe bananas battered, fried & dusted with cinnamon & sugar. Served with vanilla ice cream & a chocolate banana cream sauce.