FIRST OF ALL….GO VOLS!!!!!!!!! Let’s do this.
Not so patiently waiting for little sister to get here so we can head to the lake…LONG WEEKEND!
It’s not like I’m watching the work clock or anything…I just want to be doing THIS again ASAP.
Making my “famous” huervos rancheros this weekend! Super easy and delicious…score! Not so much ‘merica, more Ole! but this lady doesn’t care…
Huevos Rancheros Tarts
- 1 can reduced fat crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can fat free refried beans (veg!)
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Avocado slices
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Separate dough into 6 rectangles on cookie sheet. Firmly press perforations to seal. For each rectangle, roll edges toward center and form a 3 1/2-inch diameter round with a 1/2-inch rim. Press rim firmly to seal.
- Sprinkle oregano leaves, 1/4 teaspoon of the chipotle chili powder and the salt over dough rounds. Break 1 egg in center of each dough round. (Egg may run over slightly.)
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until egg whites and yolks are firm, not runny.
- For each serving, place about 1/3 cup beans on plate with egg tart. Serve with salsa, cheese, avocado slices and cilantro.