Fall is officially here…let’s celebrate!
Dupe details (look for less)!
Spicy Shrimp & Tomato Pasta
- 8 oz. fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ lb. peeled & deveined shrimp (41/50 size)
- 1 (15. oz.) can diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Handful fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta, and continue to boil for 7-10 minutes, or until tender. Drain the pasta in a colander.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil and butter to a large skillet and place over medium heat. Mince the garlic while waiting for the butter to melt.
- Rinse the shrimp with cool water and allow the excess water to drain away. Add the shrimp and minced garlic to the skillet. Saute the shrimp and garlic for 3-5 minutes, or just until the shrimp turns opaque and slightly pink (no longer grey and translucent). Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set it aside until later.
- Add the can of tomatoes with juices to the skillet, along with the crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer over medium heat for about five minutes.
- When the sauce has thickened slightly, add the cooked and drained pasta. Toss to coat in the sauce. Add the cooked shrimp back to the skillet and toss to combine with the pasta. Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Roughly chop a handful of parsley leaves and sprinkle over top before serving.
If you’re in or around Nashville, go visit the Southern Living Idea House. We’re headed there this weekend and I couldn’t be MORE EXCITED!!! This is my idea of a good time kiddos. Let’s hope the weather holds out…
Leather is having another huge moment right now. I really regret getting rid of those leather (fake) leggings a few years ago. I’m no Kanye…real leather pants is a bad idea. That just has swamp butt written all over it.
Pops of leather here or there is more like it…and much more versatile. Especially when paired with very feminine fabrics like lace or chiffon!
I’m going to start showing looks I’ve found that I love, then where to find similar pieces…join me!
Dupe shirt: J.Crew (sale)
Dupe vest: L.L.Bean
Dupe jeans: AG Jeans (sale)
1 T lemon juice
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
3 T flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 pint whipping cream
1 T vanilla
Top & bottom crust
Peel and thinly slice apples and then toss in lemon juice. Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Cover a 10 inch pie pan with crust and layer the apples and sugar mixture (mixture, apples, mixture, apples-for several layers) in the crust. Mix vanilla and whipping cream; pour over apple layers. Lattice the top or slit a flat crust. Lightly sprinkle crust with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Bake at 350 for 50-60 min. Serves 8.
Take a walk to watch the leaves changing…it happens so fast! Such a blessing and miracle!
Gooooo Vols! Tis’ the season kiddos. Let’s do this.
Ham & Swiss Sliders
via chef in training…
- 24 white dinner rolls
- 24 pieces honey ham
- 24 small slices Swiss Cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 1/3 cup miracle whip
- POPPY SEED SAUCE
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and miracle whip.
- Cut Rolls in halves. Spread mayonaise-miracle whip mixture on each side of the roll. Place a piece of honey ham and Swiss cheese on one half of each roll. Fold back into sandwich form.
- Place rolls close together in a greased 9×13 pan until pan in completely full.
- Mix together all ingredients of Poppy Seed Sauce. Spread evenly over the tops of all the rolls. Let the rolls set until the butter has set up a bit. Cover with aluminum foil and Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Rolls can be made a day ahead and stored in fridge until ready to bake.
This nail polish which currently cloaks my fingers and toes…
opi – suzi says feng shui
Chambray that takes you from summer to fall effortlessly…
j.crew – on sale
Anything that has beets in it on or it…LOVE BEETS.
from burger up
A fantastic peach/pink (& affordable) lipgloss that I wear every single day…
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss in Peony
Since we’re looking at the last week to wear your summer whites, let’s stick with that theme! Winter whites, see you soon.
It’s in the upper 90’s this week, so everything is light and airy if you plan to be outside…
White Bean Dip
via my columbian recipes
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Crushed red pepper to your taste
- Take 2 tablespoons of the cannellini beans and set aside for later use.
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer the dip to a serving dish and top with the beans you set aside and fresh cilantro.
Paint some items in your house white. Spray paint for ceramics works wonders on outdated vases!
Thank you everyone for the calls and texts about Wilson yesterday. He’s home and we’re just to monitor his potty habits. He ate a beef rib bone, which can splinter, and they had to check for big chunks that could pierce his insides. So far, so good, but we’re keeping an eye on him. We can tell he’s not feeling good since he’s slow moving and rather lazy.
Onto your regularly scheduled programming. This week I’m going with a Mexican theme, because that’s all I want to eat lately.
While not “mexican”, there’s something about bright colors that just makes you want a margarita and that’s close enough by me…
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (dry)
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning (or homemade)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
Cook in crock pot on high for 6 hours. Shred.
- Shredded chicken
- 2 cups queso fresco, divided
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- Chipotle enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream (reduced fat)
- 1/2 cup canned creamed corn
Heat oven to 400F. Pour 1/2 sauce into bottom of 9×13 baking dish. Mix chicken and 1/2 cheese. Spoon mixture into each tortilla and roll. Place roll seam down into baking dish. Repeat. Top enchiladas with remaining sauce. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes. While baking, combine sour cream and creamed corn (corn crema). Dice avocado and cilantro. Once enchiladas are out of the oven, top with corn crema, avocado and cilantro. Chow down.
Hahahaha…gotta love this…
Back to the grind…no beach theme this week. Since I’m in serious detox mode (thanks a lot vodka) I thought I’d do a healthy theme…
My new favorite go-to lunch. I seriously see myself eating this once a week. I would eat it more if I wasn’t so afraid of mercury poisoning! Easily made paleo, if that’s your jam.
Avocado Tuna Salad
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado
- 1 can wild caught solid white tuna in water, drained
- Juice from 1/4 lime
- Salt, pepper, cayenne to taste
Mix all of that business together, let it marinate for an hour if you can stand to wait and chow down. A quick, easy, nutritious, cheap lunch! Better than ANY
salt cuisine lean cuisine.
Try to get out one night this week for a walk or run…find a new neighborhood to roam around in. My favorite Saturday morning routine is to pack up hubs & pup and drive to a new neighborhood for a 4-5 mile run. It’s so much fun not being on your typical route, exploring, looking at real estate and possibly even challenging yourself with new hills! Do it to it…
I love a good pencil skirt for work. I think there is just something so classic and feminine about them. Of course I have my basic blacks, brown, navys, and greys…but this spring I’m really loving punches of color and prints!
1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5
After all…if you’ve been working on those legs, now is the time to show them off! Goodbye hose…see you next fall.
If you’re tuning in from Nashville this morning, can I get a heck yeah for some snow? Now if it was just enough that I was still on my couch and not heading to the office. Tis life.
We ALL love the adorable Blair over ay Atlantic-Pacific. I dream of her closet. If you’re on pinterest, you’ve probably pinned at least 5 of her outfits and didn’t even know it. This little gem popped up a few weeks ago and it made me feel all cozy inside. It’s been too warm to replicate recently, so when I woke up to snow I knew the time had arrived!
I chose skinnies over boyfriends and tall boots over heels for an office appropriate casual Friday. I’ll be holed up in an office all day working on a project anyway. Cheers to a cozy, casual Friday!!!
From my closet:
Loft, no longer available. Mine is cream.
Guess jeans, fit like a glove
Nine West, no longer available
All paired with some gold and some tortoise!
Big news coming tonight….yesssssssssss